So before we get to the recipe, I have a very special request to make. I am honored to be nominated for the annual Homies awards. It has been a dream of mine since starting this website and I can almost taste it. The nomination period ends February 8th at 1159 PM EST and if I am in the top 5, I advance to the finals for you to come back and vote for me. If you feel I am deserving, the next 24 hours are crucial for the nominations. If you could, please take 3 minutes and vote for me in the 3 categories I am in.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart, I will be so honored and promise to just try and become better for you. So without further stalling, here is the recipe which I guest posted on Against All Grain.
I am not going to deter from your cooking, so this is just a filler sentence, but if you are still reading thank you so much for being so awesome and voting for me if you did.
Almond Cookies with Cinnamon Glaze
- 2 tablespoons honey melted
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter melted or ghee
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine your almond flour, coconut four, baking powder, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and stir well
- Add your oil, honey, almond extract (or vanilla) and eggs and mix into a soft dough
- Dust your work surface with almond flour and lay your dough out, pressing to just shy of ½ inch thick all around
- Place in the oven and bake for 9 minutes
- With your cookies in the oven, combine your honey, butter, and cinnamon for your glaze in a small bowl and mix well
- At the 9 minute mark, pull your cookies out of the oven, and using a basting brush, brush your glaze on all of your cookies
- Place your cookies back in the oven and bake for 9-11 minutes or until done
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with some almond flour or shredded coconut and drizzle your remaining glaze over your cookies
- Serve immediately or place in an airtight container which will last 3-4 days
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****